Welcome to the Complete Frank Miller website forums.

Anything and everything to do with the man Frank Miller and his works.

Welcome to the Complete Frank Miller website forums.

Postby moebius » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Hi Everyone.
Wow!! It has taken a long time to get here. Firstly, I want to apologize for the long delay in getting the site back up and running. The last month and a half have been a really busy time in my life. The website was hacked a week before my finals in the final semester of college. After that I had been incredibly busy preparing for the move to another state where I got a job. Then the move to a new home in a new state 650 miles away, unpacking, finding a school for the kid etc., etc., etc.
So, yes, the website was hacked. I fixed the damage that I could see that they did, but there were several other potential areas of the site where they could have planted spyware that it was too difficult to find. The main suspect for the intrusion is the software used for these forums, phpBB. Since these forums were written by a 3rd party, there was no way for me to go through all the code to figure out where the problem may have been. So, to be sure, I had to remove all the code and reinstall with an updated (hopefully better secured) version, and in that process, I (and all the nice folks that have contributed to these forums) have lost all the posts that were accumulated since this site was launched.
I look at this as a fresh new beginning and hope that this once again becomes the lively forum it once was. There are kinks I'm still working out, and there is still much customization work I want to do, but I think the forum is ready for use.
Thank you all for your patience and I hope you will all return and re-register in these forums and continue to participate, hang out and contribute.
Again, Thank you.

== arasu == aka moebius
moebius
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to the Complete Frank Miller website forums.

Postby craig » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:01 am

You're welcome and it's great to be back!!
......aaaaaahh, home!.....
craig

Postby Silentflute » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:35 am

Welcome back ! Congartulations on this new chapter Moebius. Best to you and the family.
Silentflute

Postby manwithpeninhead » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:47 am

Thank you, Arasu, for bringing us all back and all your hard work on the forum.

I hope things are settling down for you at home.
manwithpeninhead

Postby sleeperservice » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:31 am

Thanx Arusu,
It is working, I am in! I am so happy to have the forum back. I missed my weekly news from the Mileristas. Hi again to Craig, Silentflute, manwithpeninhead and the others. Lets do it again and keep this forum rolling...

best
fabian
sleeperservice

Return to All Things Miller